Taking time each day for silence and/or meditation or prayer has shown to result in positive health outcomes. It also opens up creativity and helps one to find greater life purpose and inner guidance on decision making.
An effective way to silence the mind is to sit in an upright position, with your eyes closed and place yourself where there are little or no distractions. Focus on your breathing. By noticing each and every breath going in and out to you your focus can stay there versus your idle EGO chatter. Many find that this practice of breath focusing leads them towards mind clearing. It does take practice, so practice your patience.
Prayer is a therapeutic way to acknowledge a higher self or spirit no matter one’s belief. Using statements or requests of this higher power are answered when one trusts. Using simple prayer forms is beneficial and actually easy to remember throughout the day. Praying can be done anytime or any where. Use your form of prayer that you feel comfortable with. Here are some easy prayers that you can use or modify to your specific ways:
- I surrender this to you.
- Guide me in what you would have me do, say or think.
- I surround (name) with love and light.
- Please send healing to (name).
- Show me the way to (name).
- I appreciate all signals you send me.
- Send me your strength to (name).
- I want to feel love toward (name).
- I trust that you protect me.
- Allow me to love deeper and fuller.
- I want to accept (fill in) and let go of (fill in).
Meditation CD’s are practical and quite portable. You can find the popular and most effective CD “Relaxation for Inner Peace” easily available as a down load on www.DealWithStressToday.com.